Sunday, November 4, 2012

Sunrise/Sunset, Retire in Monterey, California

sunriseI changed my homepage photo to this sunrise/sunset in Monterey, California.  It is a Monterey Bay photo treat for you as well as for me.

My daughter, a photographer and writer,  is spending time there.   (She also has a website, www.healthy-happy-life.com.)   When I saw this photo she took, I had to have it on my home page.  I loved the other photo and I will bring it back in the future, but this one seems just right for now.  It also matches the theme of my website--the warm sun.  Hope you like it.  


There really is no where on earth quite like the Monterey Bay.  Pelicans, seagulls, the ocean teeming with sea life--sea otters floating on their backs joyfully as if they know they are in the happiest place.

You can climb on the rocks on the shore, investigate the abundant tide pools, touch real sea anemones as the sea air heals your body and soul.   Seaweed is thick and green as any forest.  The air is pure and sweet, crisp and cool; this photo shows a sunrise (I thought it was a sunset) from the hotel's balcony.

The great Monterey Bay Aquarium is a few blocks away as well as restaurants with views of the Bay:  Listen to the pat-pat sound of a tortilla being freshly made while you sip your marguerita beverage and await your meal at one of the Mexican restaurants overlooking the water, or a seafood dinner at the Sardine Factory.

Enjoy unbelievably scenic and pristine views of 17-mile drive and the famous Monterey Cypress. Fall in love with the sea. So much to enjoy in Northern California.

Check out Northern California Retirement Communities!