Thursday, November 22, 2012

Wellness Lessons from Martha Stewart

Martha Stewart is 70 years old and she says she has time during her workday for yoga, exercise and naps.   She sets a fine example on what can be done in your down time.  See the video. 

She says the secret is to be organized.  When asked to take a walk, I know I often shake my head and say "I don't have time."  But this video makes me realize anyone can find the time if well-known business tycoon Martha can. 

I always say whether you are still working or full-time retired, you can still have your cake and eat it too--work and play.  Just include the things retirees do in your work day--exercise, yoga, eating healthy--all good things to do in retirement.

And, of course, at a retirement community you will have time for these things and more with the abundance of activities available and someone else doing your yard work.

Martha's down time video: